Exciting employment opportunities for creative people
Cincinnati Public Radio is currently seeking to fill the following position(s):
Looking for a passionate digital journalist to be responsible for executing the newsroom’s digital strategy. In this newly created position, the digital editor will work closely with the news director and vice president of content to create the digital plan for the website, social media and other platforms.
- Update the website through the day, editing reporters' stories for the digital realm, including using digital tools for data, audio and visual effects and using analytics and latest best practices to make stories attractive to digital users.
- Collaborate with the newsroom staff to adapt stories for web using best practices. Training and assisting staff as needed.
- Embed stories from NPR, OPR, and KPR using best news judgement.
- Work with news staff to adapt and create original content for the website.
- Explore new technologies and improve use of current technologies.
- Ensure the content on all digital platforms meets the editorial standards of the organization.
- Increase the presence of WVXU on social media platforms such as Instagram and Twitter also eventually including YouTube and Vimeo.
- Document and verify the continued growth of WVXU's news digital audience including social media activity by tracking metrics using Google Analytics and other tools. Must understand the fundamentals of web analytics, types of traffic etc.
- Create multimedia presentations using content that could include photos, graphics, data visualization, tables sidebar stories, etc.
- Monitor the continued evolution of digital platforms and tools.
- All other job duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree with Journalism or Broadcasting background or equivalent
- Three to five years' experience in digital media
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft apps (we are a PC operation, not Apple)
- Familiarity and appreciation for public radio news style
- Impeccable news judgement and ethics
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to juggle multiple tasks and deadlines
- Ability to work with a creative team
- Works collaboratively with others to solve problems and achieve common goals.
- The position requires working non-standard hours from time to time
About Cincinnati Public Radio:
Cincinnati Public Radio's mission is to bring the finest classical music and news and information programming to the people of the Tri-State. Local productions such as Cincinnati Edition and Around Cincinnati, as well as concert recordings of the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra, Cincinnati Opera and May Festival, join national public radio favorites Morning Edition, All Things Considered, Wait Wait…Don't Tell Me, Fresh Air, This American Life and A Prairie Home Companion to enrich listeners' lives and help create a vibrant and more informed tri-state community.
Please submit cover letter and resume by August 17 to email@example.com.
No phone calls, please.