Exciting employment opportunities for creative people
Cincinnati Public Radio is currently seeking to fill the following position(s):
News Reporter/ On-air News Host
Gathers, presents and edits current news stories in a variety of on-air, online and mobile formats for WVXU/WMUB. Serves as on-air host for national network programming during afternoon drive time.
Interacts with the WVXU community via social media. Successfully collaborates with others on the WVXU news and production team. Plays an active role in fundraising and outreach/public appearances.
- Bachelor's degree with Journalism or Broadcasting background, or equivalent.
- Three - five years experience in radio as news host/reporter/producer
- Keen curiosity and desire for continual learning
- Familiarity and appreciation for public radio news style.
- Good broadcast voice and ability to work with direction and coaching.
- Excellent writing, editing and interviewing skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of broadcast production, editing and recording equipment.
- Familiarity/experience with social media and its use as part of the broadcast media
- Ability to work with a diverse and creative team.
Submit cover letter, résumé and audition audio to:
1223 Central Parkway
Cincinnati, OH 45214
Application deadline September 17.
Careers in Public Broadcasting
Employment opportunities throughout the public broadcasting industry can be found at the Corporation for Public Broadcasting's Jobline.
Cincinnati Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.