Exciting employment opportunities for creative people
Cincinnati Public Radio is currently seeking to fill the following position(s):
Program Host - Cincinnati Edition
91.7 WVXU seeks a Program Host for its interview and discussion program, Cincinnati Edition. Applicants should possess curiosity and an active interest in current events and issues; excellent research, writing, and organizational skills; and feel comfortable engaging with interview guests and program callers, as well as 3-5 years radio experience as a discussion program host/reporter/producer.
Hosts WVXU Cincinnati Edition discussion program. Produces additional content (Interviews, features, background) for use during the show and for distribution via online and mobile platforms. In collaboration with show’s producer, books guests, writes scripts and promos, edits material as needed.
Interacts with the WVXU community via social media. Successfully collaborates with others on the WVXU news and production team. Serves as back-up on-air host during national network and local news/talk programming. Plays an active role in fundraising and outreach/public appearances.
Competitive candidates will share a passion for public radio and its ability to inform and enrich the community. Applicants should possess curiosity and an active interest in current events and issues; excellent research, writing, and organizational skills; and feel comfortable engaging with interview guests and program callers.
- Bachelor's degree with Journalism or Broadcasting background, or equivalent.
- Three - five years experience in radio as discussion program host /reporter /producer.
- Excellent interview and listening skills
- Keen curiosity and desire for continual learning
- Familiarity and appreciation for public radio news style.
- Good broadcast voice and ability to work with direction and coaching.
- Good writing and editing skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of broadcast production, editing and remote recording equipment.
- Familiarity/experience with social media and its use as part of the broadcast media
- Ability to work with a diverse and creative team.
Submit cover letter, résumé and audition audio to:
Cincinnati Edition Search
1223 Central Parkway
Cincinnati, OH 45214
Major Gifts/Planned Giving Officer
Cincinnati Public Radio seeks a Major Gifts/Planned Giving Officer. Applicants should be passionate about public radio; possess excellent communication, writing, strategic and organizational skills; and feel confident engaging with major donors, foundation officers and potential planned giving candidates. Must have demonstrated success as a fundraiser with a minimum of 5 years of major gift, foundation, and planned giving experience.
Responsible for meeting annual and campaign goals for major gifts, planned gifts and capital campaigns; developing relationships with Cincinnati Public Radio’s donors and local foundation representatives on behalf of WVXU and WGUC; acting as a liaison with Board of Directors; planning and hosting donor events; and analyzing data and gathering research as needed.
Works closely with the development staff (4) and reports to the Vice President of Development. Successfully collaborates with management and board to plan for future projects and funding strategies. Participates during fund drives and station events. Develops new giving and communication strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree with Non-Profit Administration/Broadcasting background, or equivalent.
- Five years of experience as a successful fundraiser.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Raiser’s Edge. Luminate Online experience is a plus.
- Excellent listening and writing skills.
- Strong community ties and willingness to advocate on CPR’s behalf.
- Appreciation of public radio and WGUC and WVXU’s as an important part of our community.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Comfortable in a creative, casual and constantly changing environment.
- Interest in the arts and non-profit community and an interest in working collaboratively.
Submit cover letter and résumé to:
Major Gifts Officer Search
Cincinnati Public Radio (WVXU/WGUC/WMUB)
1223 Central Parkway
Cincinnati, OH 45214
Careers in Public Broadcasting
Employment opportunities throughout the public broadcasting industry can be found at the Corporation for Public Broadcasting's Jobline.
Cincinnati Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.